WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Hood College baseball team remained unbeaten after defeating Gallaudet by a final score of 10-1 to improve to 6-0 on the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Cam Esposito went 3 for 4 with two doubles, a walk, four runs scored and two stole bases.
- Dylan Johnson walked in all three of his plate appearances, running his streak to seven straight bases on balls.
- Daniel Shepherd was 2 for 3 a double and three runs batted in.
- Wayne Baldwin had a double among his two hits and drove in a pair.
- Dylan Beck walked twice and stole two bases.
- Trent Copenhaver tripled.
- Ryan Atkinson pitched six innings of one-run baseball. He struck out five, walked three and scattered five hits.
- Jahlin Jean-Baptiste, Jack Sullivan and Andrew Catone each tossed scoreless frames to finish the game.
How it Happened
- The Blazers scored in the top of the first when Brooks Warrenfeltz doubled to drive in Esposito.
- Esposito scored again in the third to make it 2-0 on an RBI single by Shepherd.
- Hood broke the game open with a four-run fourth. Quinn Fulton knocked in the first run to make it 3-0. Shepherd doubled later in the inning to score both Fulton and Esposito. Baldwin made it 6-0 with a single that drove in Shepherd for the final run of the inning.
- In the fifth, Beck and Ryan Waugh executed a double-steal of second and third bases, respectively, with Waugh scoring on a throwing error.
- Back-to-back run-scoring hits by Baldwin and Brad Sawyer in the sixth made it 9-0.
- Cameron Upton tripled and scored on a single by Justin Strong to get Gallaudet on the scoreboard in the bottom of the sixth.
- Hood's final run came home in the ninth on an RBI triple by Copenhaver that scored Daiven Sanchez.
- Upton had two hits for the Bison.
- Ethan Denson started and took the loss. He walked six in five innings and gave up seven hits, but only two of the seven runs he allowed were earned.
Hood looks to continue its hot start when the Blazers host Penn State York on Friday, March 2.