Apr 24, 2019
HUNTINGDON, Pa. - Hood College baseball team secured a 14-3 win at Juniata in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Dylan Beck went 3 for 4 with two doubles, a home run, three RBIs and two runs scored.
- Daniel Shepherd finished 3 for 5, doubled and scored three times.
- Nathan Kessler, Danny Brennan and Brady Ward had two hits apiece. Kessler scored three times and stole two bases.
- Trent Copenhaver scored twice and drove in two,
- Ryan D'Allesandro limited the Eagles to five hits in five innings, striking out two and allowing one run. The win was his third of the year.
- Chris Devine tossed three scoreless innings of relief. Jahlin Jean-Baptiste gave up two runs in the ninth.
How it Happened
- Kessler led off the game with a walk and Copenhaver was hit by a pitch. A sacrifice fly off the bat of Brad Sawyer and an RBI double by Beck made it 2-0 after the first inning.
- Beck, Jordan Patterson and Shepherd had back-to-back-to-back RBI doubles during a four-run third inning to make it a 6-0 lead.
- After Sawyer knocked in Brennan in the fourth, Adam Kipp tripled and scored in the bottom half to make it 7-1.
- A two-run single by Copenhaver stretched the lead to 9-1.
- Beck led off the top of the sixth with his second homer of the season and Brennan added a run-scoring single for an 11-1 edge.
- Nick Rampone had an infield, RBI single in the eighth and Joe Kroeger scored on a wild pitch for a wild pitch to make it 13-1.
- Jared Kukawski drove in the Blazers' final run with a sacrifice fly in the ninth.
- Colton Kubicki had two hits for Juniata.
- Jack Johnson took the loss, surrendering seven runs in four innings,
- Hood improved to 24-9-1 overall on the year. Juniata dropped to 10-20.
The Blazers host Widener for Senior Day on April 25.