Oct 08, 2019
TOWSON, Md. - The Hood College field hockey team fell at in-state rival Goucher 6-0 in non-conference play.
On the Box Score
- Kenzie Blair made three saves in the first half.
- Nicole Bennett stopped an equal number in the final 30 minutes of play.
How it Happened
- The Gophers got two quick goals in the first seven minutes and 15 seconds from Ari Hooper and Mia Wiggins to take the lead.
- From there, the Blazers kept Goucher off the scoreboard for the 22:45 of the second half to trail 2-0 at halftime.
- The second half started the same as the first with Goucher striking quickly. Back-to-back goals by Wiggins capped a 3-0 spurt over a span of just over eight and a half minutes to stretch Hood's deficit to 5-0.
- Hooper capped the scoring in the fourth quarter.
- Devin Brashear, Julia Foster and Gillian Sickler split time in cage for Goucher.
Hood heads to Arcadia on October 12.