Posted: Oct 30, 2019
GRANTHAM, Pa. - The Hood College field hockey team fell 12-0 against nationally-ranked Messiah in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Kenzie Blair stopped 14 saves in goal for the Blazers over 30 minutes of play.
- Nicole Bennett recorded five saves for Hood.
How it Happened
- Messiah's Josie Weaver scored in the first 45 seconds of play, then added another goal three minutes later. Mackenzie Brubaker, Abby Boyer, and Ashley Levesque also scored in the first quarter.
- The Falcons added to their lead when Hannah Palm scored twice in the second, with Emily Knepp and Makayla Malcolm each adding a goal before the half.
- Malcolm scored two more unassisted goals, one in the third and another in the fourth quarter to put Messiah ahead 11-0.
- Levesque capped off the scoring for the Falcons in the 51st minute of play.
- Malcolm had three goals on the night.
- Palm, Levesque, and Weaver had two goals each.
The contest wraps up the 2019 season for Hood.