FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's basketball team picked up its fourth straight win with an 82-67 over visiting Stevenson in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Evan Wang led the Blazers with 22 points on 8 of 13 shooting to go with four assists and four steals.
- Mason Wang finished with 14 points, nine rebounds and four assists.
- Jared Ruiz scored 13 points off the bench on 5 of 10 shooting.
- Ian Eversull had nine points, six rebounds, two assists, four steals and two blocks.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 23-22 with 8:32 left in the half before Evan Wang and Ruiz scored every point in an 11-0 run for a 33-23 lead with six minutes left. The two teams traded baskets for the rest of the half and the Blazers carried a 43-34 edge at halftime behind 11 points by Wang.
- A layup by Wang extended the lead to 59-44 with 15:24 left in the game before Stevenson went on a 16-2 run to pull within a point on a 3-pointer by Montaque Wright with 9:48 to go. Hood answered with buckets by Eversull and Mason Wang before a 3-point field goal from Michael Riley to make it 68-60 three minutes later.
- Marcus Dentley led all scorers with 28 points on 11 of 16 shooting.
- Hood held the Mustangs to just 3 of 16 behind the arc.
- The Blazers outrebounded Stevenson 34-33.
- The win made Hood 11-6 overall and 5-3 in the MAC Commonwealth, while the Mustangs fell to 12-5 and 6-2.
The Blazers travel Alvernia on Saturday, January 19.