CARLISLE, Pa. - A week after just missing the school record, the Hood College men's golf team established a new program-best with a 303 at the Dickinson Fall Invitational.
The Blazers shaved six shots off the old school record of 309, set in 2010.
On the Scorecards
- Hood's top four golfers shot within two strokes of one another, the second time in school history that four golfers shot in the 70s.
- Andrew Heon and Tanner Leonard shot matching rounds of 75 to tie for seventh in the tournament.
- Derek Wyld cut 11 strokes off of his previous round and finished in a tie for 13th with a 76.
- Sam Driscoll turned in a 77, good for 17th.
- Hood's fifth golfer, Lance Coffey shot an 83 and finished in a 25th place tie.
- Dickinson's Brandon Wilson shot a 3-under-par 69 for the win.
- Drew University edged out Dickinson by two strokes with the winning team score of 294.
- Hood was fourth.
- The 75s by Heon and Leonard tied for the 10th best rounds in school history.
- The previous record of 309 was shot on October 19, 2010 by Evan Chaney, Jake Cole, Andy Alger, Jon Heile and Tyler Fairley.
The Blazers head to the Gettysburg Invitational on October 8.