PITTSBURGH, Pa.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team were victorious on the road against the Chatham Cougars by a score of 10-5.
Inside the Box Score
- Gavin Combe led the Blazers with three goals and two assists.
- Jason Jaworski added two goals and three assists.
- Noah Waterlander made 13 saves in goal.
How it Happened
- Hood jumped out to a 4-0 advantage after one period with two goals from Combe and one apiece from Eddie Somerville and Grayson Zubradt.
- Kyle Rullan notched a tally for the Cougars at the 11:28 mark of the second period.
- Jaworski found the back of net at 7:55 and just seven seconds later Combe scored to give the Blazers a 6-1 lead at the halftime break.
- Patrick Hurley opened up the second half scoring at 12:22 and Kyle Scott netted a goal at 10:07 to increase the Blazer lead.
- Hood headed into the final period with a 9-2 edge.
- Chatham outscored Hood three goals to one in the final period of play but it was not enough.
- Rullan scored twice and had an assist.
- Ryan Dobson caused five turnovers.
- Quentin Clarke picked up seven ground balls.
- Shane Gaglione stopped 13 shots on goal.
Hood opens up Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play at Stevenson on Wednesday, March 27 at 7 p.m.