OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team trailed just 6-4 late in the first half but Stevenson pulled away in the second half for a 21-5 win in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth opener for both teams.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt scored three goals in the game to become the first player in program history with 200 career points.
- Zak Kooser dished out a pair of assists.
- Defender Eamon Mulligan scored his first career goal in the game.
- Noah Waterlander made 12 saves in the opening 50 minutes. Trenton Lazorchak stopped two in the final 10.
- Gavin Combe had five ground balls.
How it Happened
- Stevenson scored twice in the first 62 seconds but Hood allowed just two more goals over the remainder of the period and trailed 4-1 entering the second quarter thanks to a goal by Kyle Scott.
- Zubradt scored all three of his goals in a span of 11 and a half minutes in the second quarter, taking two assists from Kooser and one from Patrick Hurley. His third goal pulled the Blazers within 6-4 with 2:48 left in the half.
- The Mustangs managed to score twice in the final 15 seconds of the half and led 8-4 at the intermission. The two goals started a 15-1 run to close the game that featured three goals by Gray McKee.
- McKee had five goals and an assist to lead all players with six points. JT Thelan added four goals and an assist and Shane Ford netted three scores and a helper.
- Marc Poust played the first three quarters and made eight saves for Stevenson.
- Hood drops to 7-1 on the year and 0-1 in the MAC Commonwealth. Stevenson, playing a schedule entirely of teams currently ranked or receiving votes, improved to 2-6 and 1-0.
The Blazers look to get back into the win column on Saturday, March 30 when Arcadia visits Thomas Athletic Field.