FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Bentley LeBarron took an assist from Zak Kooser just 49 seconds into overtime to cap a come-from-behind 13-12 win over Arcadia in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth thriller.
The win was the Blazers' eighth of the season, tying the school record for a single season. It also clinches the second straight winning season for Hood.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt scored five goals to reach 50 points for the third straight season.
- LeBarron finished with three goals and an assist.
- Patrick Hurley scored three times.
- Noah Waterlander stopped 14 shots, including a total of six in the fourth quarter and overtime.
- Alden Grayson-Funk had five ground balls and three caused turnovers.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 12-8 with under 10 minutes to play before scoring the game's final five goals to salvage the win.
- Hurley started the comeback with 8:26 left in the game. Just over a minute later Jason Jaworski found Kooser crashing towards goal and fed the senior who scored to make it 12-10.
- Zubradt scored the next two goals to tie the game. He converted an over-the-shoulder shot with 4:56 to go to pull Hood within a goal. Later, he rolled behind net, reversed and finished to tie the game with 1:34 to go, fighting off heavy contact the entire time.
- Ben Gilbert won the faceoff and Hood had two shots in the final 33 seconds but Grant Palmer came up with a pair of saves for Arcadia to send the game to overtime.
- Philip Hane won the faceoff in overtime for the Knights but the ball went deep into Arcadia's defensive third. Kooser forced Palmer into a turnover but Hood gave the ball back seconds later. Joe Pedisich got off a shot with 3:35 left in the extra period only to be turned away by Waterlander.
- The Blazers quickly cleared the ball and Kooser found a wide open LeBarron cutting towards goal for the game-winner.
- Hood trailed 7-5 at halftime and found itself behind by as many as four twice, including the 12-8 deficit before the comeback
- Palmer had 23 saves for Arcadia.
- Pedisich scored three times, while Tanner Pajakinas, Wesley Sporer and Clo Muscara scored twice each.
- Hane won 11 of 16 faceoffs.
- It is the second year in a row, the Blazers came back to defeat the Knights in overtime. Last season, Hood trailed 7-1 before winning 16-15.
- Hood improved to 8-1 on the year, including 1-1 in the MAC Commonwealth. Arcadia slid to 5-5 and 0-1.
The Blazers travel to Lebanon Valley on April 3.