FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped a home Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth bout with Widener Pride by a score of 15-8.
Inside the Box Score
- Bentley LeBarron netted a hat-trick.
- Grayson Zubradt notched three assists and added a goal.
- Alden Grayson-Funk and Joe Carroll caused three turnovers apiece.
- Noah Waterlander made 16 saves in goal.
How it Happened
- Widener opened up the scoring just over a minute in before Kyle Scott took a pass from Zubradt and scored at the 11:45 mark to tie things up.
- The Pride scored five of the next six goals to hold a 6-2 lead after one period.
- Eddie Somerville scored for the Blazers almost four minutes into the second quarter.
- Just under a minute later, Somerville dished out an assist as Josh Patterson rifled a shot past the keeper to cut into Widener's lead.
- The Blazers trailed 7-4 at the break.
- Both teams scored three times throughout the third period, including two apiece in the final two minutes of the quarter to keep the difference at three goals.
- LeBarron scored to make the score 10-8 in the fourth.
- Widener tallied the final five goals of the contest to put the game out of reach.
- Gavin Kirkwood scored four goals and Brady Franks notched three goals with an assist.
- Connor Heisman added two goals and an assist.
- Kyle Pollick had two assists.
- Carter Landry made eight saves in the first half and Matt Horton stopped four shots in the second half.
Hood travels to Albright on Wednesday, April 10 at 7 p.m.