Apr 10, 2019
READING, Pa.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team downed Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth foe Albright by a tally of 16-7.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt, Zak Kooser, and Patrick Hurley each recorded three goals and two assists apiece.
- Eddie Somerville netted a hat-trick.
- Bentley LeBarron notched two goals and Jason Jaworski tallied a goal with three helpers.
- Eamon Mulligan had three caused turnovers.
- Ben Gilbert went 14 of 20 on faceoffs and scooped up eight ground balls.
- Noah Waterlander made four saves in goal.
How it Happened
- The Blazers opened the scoring with a four goal run, including three from Zubradt to hold an early advantage after the first five minutes of the game.
- Hood led 5-2 after one period of play.
- After a goal by Albright's Ethan Gain made the score 7-3, Hood put together a three goal run with tallies from Devin Morse, Hurley and Somerville for a 10-3 advantage with just under four minutes until the half.
- The Blazers held an 11-4 edge at the break.
- The third period featured a hat-trick by Kooser as the Blazers bumped the lead to nine at 15-6 heading into the last quarter.
- LeBarron found the back of the net at 7:23 of the fourth to extend Hood's lead.
- Kooser surpassed a milestone with 151 career points.
- Gain led the Lions with two goals and an assist.
- Connor Graser caused three turnovers.
- Conor Scafidi made 14 saves between the pipes.
- Hood moves up to 9-3, 2-3 in the conference.
- Albright drops to 0-11, 0-5 in the MAC.
The Blazers host Alvernia for Senior Day on Saturday, April 13 at 1 p.m.