Posted: Apr 27, 2019
WILLIAMSPORT, Md. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped a 21-13 final at Lycoming in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Patrick Hurley finished with three goals and an assist for the Blazers. He also caused two turnovers.
- Grayson Zubradt scored three goals. He tied his own school record with 52 goals this season and shattered the points record with 72.
- Zak Kooser had two goals and three assists. He finished one short of his own school record with 39 assists this year.
- Bentley LeBarron scored twice and added two assists.
- Noah Waterlander stopped 13 shots in goal.
- Joe Carroll caused two turnovers.
- Ian Wittler netted four ground balls.
How it Happened
- Hurley fed Zubradt in the game's opening minute, then scored with 9:22 left for a 2-0 lead.
- The Warriors scored the game's next three goals before Hurley scored with 39 seconds left to make it 3-3 at the end of the first.
- Lycoming erupted for nine goals in the second quarter to take a 12-5 lead into halftime.
- Kooser had three assists in the third quarter but the two sides mostly traded scores and Hood trailed 17-10 heading into the final period.
- Kooser scored the first two goals of the fourth quarter as the Blazers cut the deficit to five goals on two occasions before the Warriors scored the game's final three goals to pull away.
- Dominick Massaro scored five goals and had an assist. Andrew Ream had two goals and five assists. Michael Tenant had nine saves and Justin Joseph scooped 13 ground balls.
- The loss ends Hood's season with a 10-5 record. The Blazers finished with team season records in wins, goals (213), assists (121), points (334) and man-up goals (26).