PIKESVILE, Md. – The Hood College men's cross country team competed in the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships on the 8,000-meter course at Stevenson University.
How it Happened
- Zach Crossey led the Blazers by finishing 34th out of 146 with a time of 28:20.3.
- Reese Whitesell was 82nd in 30:20.1 and Chris Burgenson crossed the line in 30:41.5, placing 86th.
- Frederick Roberts completed the course in 32:23.9 ranking 106th.
- Keegan Bello placed 108th and Tyrese Hibbert placed 109th. Bello finished in 32:34.9 and Hibbert finished in 32:37.6.
- Messiah College produced the individual and team champions. Benjamin Schott completed the race in 26:20.7 to lead the Falcons in a field of 146. Messiah's 49 points won the team title.
- Hood finished with 312 points placing 11th out 17 teams. The Blazers were just five points out of the top 10.
- "Today was a solid step forward for our program with our men earning their best team performance at MAC's since 2013 and the women since 2015. We ran tough as a group and still have some things we can improve on for the regional meet." – Head Coach Chris Benassi.
The Blazers will compete in NCAA regionals on November 10 at DeSales University.