FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's basketball team dropped a non-conference contest to visiting Lancaster Bible 67-52.
Inside the Box Score
- Lauren Keeney went 4-for-8 from 3-point range and finished with a team-high 16 points.
- Morgan Anderson turned in a double-double with 15 points, 14 rebounds. The sophomore also blocked three shots.
- Mia Savoy finished with 12 points.
How it Happened
- The Chargers' Caitlin Hickey had eight of their first 10 points as LBC raced to a 14-3 lead over the first eight minutes. Hood pulled within 16-10 on a layup by Mia Savoy at the end of the quarter.
- Lancaster Bible opened the second quarter with seven straight points and led 23-10 on a Lizzy Tilton 3-pointer with 7:17 left in the half. Hood trailed by as many as 16 in the quarter, including after a bucket by Hickey that made it 38-22 at halftime.
- A layup by Christine Graves gave the Chargers a 25-point edge in the opening minute of the fourth quarter, their biggest lead of the night.
- Hood whittled the deficit to 12 after a pair of free throws by Keeney made it 61-49 with 1:57 remaining.
- Hickey scored 22 points to lead all scorers.
- Graves and Paige Towne each had nine rebounds.
- Hood had a cold shooting night, connecting on just 17-of-68 from the field (25 percent).
- The Blazers turned 19 offensive rebounds into 14 second chance points.
- Hood dropped to 4-4.
The Blazers head to Albright on Saturday, December 14 for a 1 p.m. contest.