DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The Hood College women's basketball dropped the final game of its trip to the Daytona Beach Shootout 78-50 to Centre (Ky.).
Inside the Box Score
- Morgan Anderson came off the bench to lead the Blazers in points, rebounds and blocked shots. The sophomore finished with 14 points, seven boards and five blocks. It was the fourth time this season that Anderson blocked five or more shots in a game.
- Mia Savoy reached double figures with 13 points.
- Marlise Newson had four assists.
How it Happened
- The Colonels took advantage of nine first quarter turnovers by Hood to build a 15-8 lead after the opening 10 minutes.
- While Hood cut down on its miscues in the second quarter the Colonels' offense hit high gear, scoring 28 points to take a 43-23 lead into halftime.
- Three free throws by Savoy to open the second half cut into the deficit but Centre continued to build the lead from there.
- Mikayla Fee had game-highs with 16 points and 14 rebounds and went 6-of-11 shooting. Kat Wilson added a dozen points.
- Centre held a 50-32 rebounding advantage.
The Blazers will look to get back in the win column on January 4 when they travel to Alvernia for a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest.