Posted: Apr 03, 2019
ANNVILLE, Pa. - The Hood College women's lacrosse team fell 15-8 in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest to Lebanon Valley.
Inside the Box Score
- Rachel Slater had three goals and an assist.
- Cassidy O'Neill and Laura Skorobatsch scored two goals apiece.
- Danielle Holt had 13 saves, four ground balls and two caused turnovers.
How it Happened
- Lebanon Valley opened the game with a five-goal run but Hood stormed back with five straight scores of their own. Slater scored twice in the spree before Jess Lyons tied the game with 11:06 on the clock in the first half. From there, the Dutchmen outscored the Blazers 3-1 to take an 8-6 lead into halftime.
- Defense ruled the opening third of the second half, with neither team scoring until LVC's Emily Federowicz found the back of the net with 18:55 left in the game. Hood trailed 10-6 when Skorobatsch scored the Blazers' first for the second half with 10:16 left.
- Lebanon Valley closed the game with a 5-1 run.
- Brittany Hathaway had five goals and an assist for LVC, while Federowicz scored four times. Veronica Venezia finished with two goals and four assists.
- Hannah Oliveras made six saves.
- Hood fell to 9-3 overall and 1-2 in the conference. Lebanon Valley is 5-6 and 2-1.
The Blazers head to Widener on Saturday, April 6 at 1 p.m.