Posted: Apr 06, 2019
CHESTER, Pa.- The Hood College women's lacrosse team fell to the Widener Pride 23-10 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Cassidy O'Neill netted three goals.
- Rachel Slater scored two goals and had three assists.
- Laura Skorobatsch and Jess Lyons notched two goals apiece.
- Danielle Holt stopped 10 shots in 50 minutes. Sophia Vilaca played the remaining 10 minutes in goal.
How it Happened
- Skorobatsh gave Hood a 1-0 advantage just over a minute into the game.
- After four goals by Widener, Lyons and O'Neill each tallied to cut the deficit to one goal with 21:12 remaining the first half.
- Widener held a 12-4 lead at halftime.
- O'Neill, Skorobatsch, and Lyons combined for three straight goals to make the score 15-7 with just over 20 minutes left in the second half.
- A six-goal run stretched the Pride's lead to 22-8 with seven and half minutes remaining.
- At the 5:44 mark Sydney Thomas scored off of an assist from Tenley Reeder. It marked Thomas's first career goal.
- Kelly Lynch recorded five goals and eight assists.
- Emily Digilio scored six goals with an assist and Melanie Bert added four goals and one assist.
- Meg Steffney had a hat-trick.
- Amber Bretz added eight draw controls.
- Katie Hayes notched three saves in the first half and Maddie Medve made two saves in the second half.
Hood hosts Stevenson on Wednesday, April 10 at 7 p.m.