Posted: Apr 17, 2019
GRANTHAM, Pa. - The Hood College women's lacrosse team fell at Messiah 18-7 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Rachel Slater finished with four goals, one assist and six draw controls.
- Jess Lyons scored twice and Tenley Reeder added two assists.
- Danielle Holt made 17 saves.
How it Happened
- The Blazers fell behind 3-0 before a 4-1 run tied the game with 14 minutes left in the first half. Slater scored the first goal, assisted on the second and scored the third goal of the run. Reeder picked up her assists on the final two, including Alexis Orzech's game-tying goal.
- Abby Howard's third score of the half started a 6-0 run that gave the Falcons a 10-4 lead with 1:33 remaining in the half. A Lyons' goal with five second left in the period made it 10-5 at halftime.
- A free position shot by Slater pulled the Blazers within four 90 seconds into the second half but Messiah scored the next eight goals to put the game out of reach.
- Howard and Abigail Evans both finished with four goals and an assist.
- Amber Omer made one save in the first half, while Heather Burnam stopped three in the second half.
- Eliza Ortle and Katie Stottlemyer had four ground balls and three caused turnovers apiece.
Hood hosts Albright on April 24.