FREDERICK, Md. - The Blazers tied the school wins record with their 11th of the season in a 4-2 win over the visiting Mustangs of Stevenson in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Erin Scarborough netted two goals and an assist.
- Courtney Ellis and Jasmine Mangle scored a goal apiece.
- Melissa Merritt and Colby Painter each recorded an assist.
- Lydia Erickson registered 10 saves between the pipes.
How it Happened
- Stevenson's Marissa Inglissa got on the scoresheet early after putting away a dish from Melanie Parncutt in the 17th minute.
- In the 30th minute, Painter fed Scarborough who curled an effort into the top corner to put the score at 1-1.
- A ball fell to Ellis inside the 18-yard box who tucked it away in the 38th minute to lead the Blazers into halftime with a 2-1 advantage.
- Scarborough found the net again in the 50th minute after Merritt slotted a pass across the box for her to knock past the goalkeeper.
- Brianna Christie grabbed one back for the Mustangs in the 56th minute when her free-kick beat the wall and the keeper as the scoreboard read 3-2.
- Mangle put the game out of reach in the 86th minute when she finished a Scarborough through ball making the final score 4-2.
- Scarborough has now moved up to fourth all-time in career goals (22) and third in career points (54).
- Hood tied the 2005 team for the program's wins record and improved their current mark to 11-3-1.
- The Blazers are now 3-0 in conference play for the first time since 2006.
- Keegan Caffrey secured three saves in net for Stevenson.
- Stevenson fell to 6-7-1 overall and suffered its first MAC Commonwealth defeat to drop to 3-1.
Hood looks to keep the streak alive as they travel to Widener on Saturday, September 19th at 5:30 p.m.