Posted: Oct 19, 2019
CHESTER, Pa. - The Hood College women's soccer team battled the Pride of Widener to a 1-1 draw after 110 minutes of play.
Inside the Box Score
- Erin Scarborough scored the lone goal for the Blazers.
- Nicole Bautista notched one helper.
- Lydia Erickson stopped 11 shots after 110 minutes of play.
How it Happened
- The Blazers took a 1-0 lead when Bautista slipped in Scarborough who was able to beat the keeper in the 22nd minute.
- In the 36th minute, Bella Abrams put away the equalizer after receiving a pass from Hannah Berard. The two teams headed into halftime tied 1-1.
- In the 84th minute, a Widener shot off the crossbar dropped to Alyssa Dionisio whose header was saved by a recovering Erickson.
- Another Dionisio opportunity came in the first overtime when her shot was blocked on the goal line by Hood's defense in the 95th minute.
- Erickson's diving save kept out another Dionisio attempt after 100 minutes of play.
- Two more saves from Erickson in the second overtime saw the game come to an undecided close.
- With tonight's goal, Scarborough is now tied for third all-time career goals (23) with Jamie Summers. This is her fifth goal in the last four matches.
- Widener's Ashton Houbary registered seven saves after 110 minutes.
- Hood is now 11-3-2 overall and 3-0-1 in conference play.
- The Pride of Widener are now 10-4-1 overall and 1-2-1 in conference.
Hood hosts No. 2 Messiah College on Wednesday, October 23.