FREDERICK, Md. - After 93 minutes of play, the Hood College women's soccer team fell to the 15th-ranked Knights of Arcadia University during a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth match.
Inside the Box Score
- Lydia Erickson tallied seven saves in net.
How it Happened
- An early effort from Courtney Ellis forced Arcadia's Brianna Williams into her first save of the game in the 14th minute.
- Arcadia's Mackenzie Hoffman's header hit off the woodwork in the 26th minute as the game remained scoreless heading into halftime.
- Erickson's save in the 85th minute sent the game into extra time as the scoreboard read 0-0.
- Erin Scarborough's effort from 30 yards almost won the game 35 seconds into the first overtime but Williams tipped it off the crossbar to keep Arcadia alive.
- Karlie Flowers struck the back of the net after receiving a pass from Mackenzie Hoffman to seal the game in the 93rd minute.
- Brianna Williams stopped two shots for the Knights.
- Hood is now 11-5-2 overall and 3-2-1 in conference play.
- Arcadia improves to 13-2-2 on the year and 5-1-1 in the league.
Hood travels to Albright on Tuesday, October 29.