KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Hood College's Erin Scarborough was named to the United Soccer Coaches Scholar All-South Region Second Team, the coaches' organization announced.
To be eligible for selection, the student-athlete must be nominated by his or her head coach and have at least a 3.30 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) throughout his or her career; start more than 50 percent of all games and be an elite player as supported by playing honors (i.e., all-conference) or contributions to the success of his/her team; play for a current United Soccer Coaches College Services member institution; be a junior or above in athletic standing at the current institution; and be in his or her second year at the current institution if a transfer student.
Scarborough was previously named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District and All-Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth first teams after a stellar 2019 season. The senior set career-highs in every statistical category this year. The forward leads Hood with 12 goals and 29 points and is second with five assists. She ranks second in the MAC Commonwealth in goals, third in points and tied for seventh in assists. She scored half of her goals during conference play, including multi-goal matches against Stevenson and Alvernia, scoring the game-winner in both matches.
The senior forward has a long list of academic accolades to her credit. She has made both the Dean's List six times and the MAC Academic Honor Roll on three occasions. Scarborough is a member of six honor societies: Beta Beta Beta, Gama Sigma Epsilon, Mortar Board, Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Lambda Delta and Chi Alpha Sigma. The biology major has received the Beta Beta Beta Award, the Biology Faculty Award, the Sydney Silverman Award and the George G. Kleinspehn Honor Scholarship.
The Blazers won 11 games in 2019, one short of the school record.
2019 Women's Soccer Accolades
- Sep. 2 - Melissa Merritt - MAC Commonwealth Offensive Player of the Week
- Oct. 14 - Erin Scarborough - MAC Commonwealth Offensive Player of the Week
- Oct. 21 - Erin Scarborough - MAC Commonwealth Offensive Player of the Week
- Nov. 6 - Courtney Ellis - MAC Commonwealth Rookie of the Year; Second Team
- Nov. 6 - Erin Scarborough - All-MAC Commonwealth First Team
- Nov. 6 - Ashley Wiedemann - All-MAC Commonwealth Second Team
- Nov. 6 - Lydia Erickson - All-MAC Commonwealth Honorable Mention
- Nov. 7 - Erin Scarborough - CoSIDA Academic All-District 2 First Team
- Dec. 16 - Erin Scarborough - United Soccer Coaches Scholar All-South Region Second Team