ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. - The Hood College women's volleyball team dropped both ends of a tri-match against Washington (Md.) and St. Mary's (Md.) by identical 3-1 final scores.
- The Shorewomen won 25-9, 25-14, 18-25, 25-18.
- The Seahawks won 21-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-12.
Inside the Box Scores
- Robyn Reus had 26 digs against Washington and finished the day with 40 total.
- Tailyn Kite had 18 total kills.
- Kameron Crawford had 22 total assists, while Ashley Williams added 21. Crawford had five aces against the Seahawks and ended the afternoon with six.
- Carrington Ray, Shannon Saghy and Shane Simms all had six blocks.
Washington 3, Hood 1
- The Shorewomen opened the match with a 13-4 run in the first set to take a 1-0 lead.
- A six-point surge in the middle of the second set by Washington put the Blazers behind 2-0.
- Hood hit its stride in the third set. With the score tied 10-10, the Blazers went on a 10-3 run for a 20-13 advantage after back-to-back kills by Carmella Fouts and Ray. The Shorewomen scored the next four points to pull within 20-17 but Hood rallied and closed with a 5-1 run.
- Hood led in the fourth set after a Fouts kill made it 9-8. Washington answered with an 8-1 run to take control of what proved to be the decisive set.
- Lauren Cochrane had 10 kills, while Lauren Zedlar added 16 assists for Washington. Jenna Daunoras tallied six blocks.
St. Mary's 3, Hood 1
- Hood trailed 13-11 in the first set before going on a 5-0 run. A block by Ray and Saghy brought Hood within a point and Crawford served up three straight aces to give the Blazers the lead.
- Another block by Ray and Saghy gave Hood a 13-12 lead in set two before a 13-5 run to close the set by the Seahawks evened things at 1-1.
- St. Mary's opened set three with a 9-2 run and went on to take the final two sets and the match.
- Ellyse Sutliff had 16 kills and zero errors for St. Mary's. Katie Agate dished out 36 assists.
Hood hosts Mt. Aloysius on Tuesday, September 17 at 7 p.m.