FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College fell to Gettysburg 3-0 in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Tailyn Kite led the Blazers with 12 kills and added 10 digs for the double-double.
- Fabiola Melendez-Rivera and Emma Elizondo had 13 digs apiece.
- Kameron Crawford dished out 16 assists.
- Carrington Ray had three blocks.
How it Happened
- The Bullets ran out to a 14-6 lead in the first set. Hood immediately pulled with five after kills by Walissa Jaque and Taylor Schaefer and an ace from Crawford. Gettysburg answered with four straight points and the Blazers never got closer than six the rest of the way.
- Ray had a kill and a block during a 3-0 spurt that put Hood ahead 9-7 in the second set. Gettysburg battled back to take the lead before the Blazers tied the set at 15-15 on an ace by Melendez-Rivera and again at 16-16. The Bullets closed the set with a 9-3 run to go up 2-0 in the match.
- Hood built a 5-1 lead in set three and still led midway through the set 16-15. Gettysburg responded with a 6-1 run and never trailed again to pick up the sweep.
- Kat Wilt had nine kills and no errors for Gettysburg. Brooke Newell recorded 22 assists.
Hood hosts Lycoming and Penn College for a tri-match on Saturday, September 28. Match times are set for 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m.