ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. - The Hood College volleyball team fell to Elizabethtown 3-0 before rebounding for a 3-1 victory over Christendom in non-conference play.
- Elizabethtown won 25-13, 25-18, 25-16.
- Hood defeated Christendom 19-25, 25-20, 25-16, 25-12.
Inside the Box Score
- Tailyn Kite totaled 19 kills on the day and five aces.
- Taylor Schaefer had 12 kills, all against Christendom.
- Ashley Williams had 47 assists, including a Hood season-high 34 against Christendom.
- Walissa Jaque finished with four total blocks.
Elizabethtown 3, Hood 0
- The Blazers struggled with their hitting, finishing with 20 kills against 22 errors in the match.
- The Blue Jays jumped out to an 18-5 lead in the first set to go ahead 1-0 in the match.
- Hood led 9-5 in the second set after block by Carrington Ray and Shannon Saghy. After a 6-0 run by Elizabethtown gave the Blue Jays the lead, the Blazers went on a 6-1 run to reclaim the advantage 15-12. Kite had two aces in the run, while Ray added a pair of kills. Elle Shatto broke the momentum with a kill that sparked a 13-3 run to close the set.
- Kite notched a kill in the third set the pulled Hood within 15-12 before another late run by the Blue Jays gave them the decisive set with a 25-16 win.
- Shelly Yohe had seven kills and no errors in 11 attempts. Shatto also had seven kills and added 10 digs and three blocks.
Hood 3, Christendom 1
- The Blazers trailed 21-19 after a kill by Kite in the first set before three errors by Hood resulted in a 25-19 win for the Crusaders.
- Hood held a narrow 20-18 lead after an ace by Mary Heisler in the second set and, after extending the lead to 23-20, a kill by Schaefer and an ace from Williams evened the match at 1-1.
- The Blazers opened the third set with a 16-5 run fueled by three kills from Schaefer and two aces from Emma Elizondo. The Crusaders pulled within 17-13 but Kite followed with a kill and an ace in succession to halt the comeback.
- Hood opened the fourth set with another 16-5 run and never let Christendom closer than seven the rest of the way.
- Michaela Pennefather had 12 kills to match Kite and Schaefer for match-high honors. Claire Mense had 23 assists.
Hood travels to Widener on October 29.