WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Hood College women's volleyball team defeated Alvernia in five sets before dropping a match to Wilkes in a non-conference tri-match.
- Hood defeated Alvernia 19-25, 18-25, 26-24, 25-18, 15-13.
- Wilkes defeated Hood 25-22, 22-25, 25-16, 25-19.
Inside the Box Scores
- Tailyn Kite had a combined 21 kills between the matches. The junior also had 20 digs.
- Kameron Crawford finished with 67 total assists.
- Emma Elizondo recorded 50 total digs, including 30 against the Golden Wolves.
- Walissa Jaque notched 10 blocks and 15 kills.
- Carrington Ray finished the afternoon with 20 kills, one more than Taylor Schaefer.
Hood 3, Alvernia 2
- The Blazers rallied from down 2-0 to win the last three sets in a non-conference meeting between the two Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth schools.
- Hood trailed by just one point, 14-13, before a six-point surge by Alvernia built a 20-13 lead for the Golden Wolves. Hood could not get closer than five the rest of the set.
- Trailing 22-14 in the second set, Hood received a triple block from Kite, Ray and Shannon Saghy to start a 4-0 run that cut the deficit to four. The two teams traded four-point runs before Wilkes used three straight points to win the set and take a 2-0 lead in the match.
- Schaefer and Saghy each had a kill and a block before Jaque served back-to-back aces during a 5-0 run that turned a 13-12 deficit into a 17-13 lead for Hood in the third set. The Blazers led 24-22 but a kill and a block by Olivia Frutiger tied the set for the Golden Wolves. Jaque and Saghy followed with kills for Hood as the Blazers stayed alive in the match.
- A kill by Taylor Suto pulled Alvernia within 6-5 early in the fourth set before a 10-2 run by Hood built a 16-7 lead. The Golden Wolves cut the lead to 17-13 but Kite had two kills as Hood rattled off four straight points to stop the comeback bid and force a fifth set.
- Trailing 8-6 in the decisive set, Hood scored seven straight points to take a 13-8 lead. After Alvernia pulled within 14-13, a block by Kite and Jaque sealed the win for Hood.
- Ray and Schaefer had 11 kills apiece and Crawford had 33 assists. Jaque had six blocks.
- Paige Stern had 17 kills for Alvernia.
Wilkes 3, Hood 1
- The teams split the first two sets before Wilkes picked up its hitting in the third set to take a 2-1 lead.
- Kite had 11 kills and 10 digs.
- Crawford finished with 34 assists and 19 digs.
- Elizondo had 20 digs and Jaque had four blocks.
- Jamey Mikovich led all players with 22 kills and Karlye Huffman dished out 37 assists.
The match concluded the season for Hood.